Electric Shower Bristan B85 replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Electrician says that this now needs to be replaced.
We are keen on finding a replacement with similar pipe connections.

So what is the best replacement so that I don't need to get a plumber in to change the plumbing to fit?

Please help if you can.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
No idea what your shower is. What KW rating is it ? I assume it is an instantaneous electric shower ?

Thanks Terryplumb.

Its a 8.5kw.
Just spoke with Bristan customer service and they say all their showers have the same connectors (or has the ability to connect to) & can be replaced with older models. Only issue is that they said that the footprint will be slightly smaller than the older models. I guess I can live with that.
So the issue sorted.
Hopefully this post will be useful for someone else in the future.

Ok sounds straightforward. If the positions that your water supply pipe ,and electric cable come thru the wall are in the right place it's a doddle.

Sponsored Links
Sorry delmel for the late response. It is over 12 years old & there was a talk about limescale causing the issue. Electrician recommended it is better to replace rather than look for parts for this discontinued shower.
So we replaced it. Couldn't make the tenant suffer without the shower as we found it very difficult to find a plumber. So we didn't want to loose the electrician we had in touch. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back