Electric Shower Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

First off i would like to say what a great site, i have used your site for a few years for answers i need to problems (not signed up but just browsed). However i have tralled all over the net in search of an answer to a new problem i cannot solve.

I was thinking of installing an electric shower in our bathroom. The plumbing i have no worries of but i have a few niggles about the electric side to it.

From the consumer unit i believe to have 10mm twin and earth running into a shower pull cord. Am i right in thinking i have to run 10mm twin and earth from the shower pull cord to the shower unit i plan on putting up on the wall? Also i plan on using copper pipe for the inlet, i have read i need to earth this from the shower unit?? :confused:

Heres a pic of my consumer unit, is this ok to run a 8.5kw shower?
IMG-20120826-00014.jpg

Any help is much appreciated, Thank you.

Sponsored Links
before you recieve any advice just explain your test procedure/methods and equipment you have for testing the single largest electrical load in your home?
if your thinking of saying i turn it on and the red neon comes on, and water flows thats not the answer

Thanks for your quick reply terence, to tell you the truth up on reading more about it, the more im getting confused. Im going to leave this one to the professionals and get them to do it, at least its peace of mind then and not having sleepless nights about it lol. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back