Electric Shower is cold !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I turned my electric shower on via the on/off pull cord as usual and then pressed the power button on the shower unit. But when the unit/shower is turned on the light on the pull cord switch goes off and the water is ice cold (not good at this time of year)!. Does anyone know what is going on ? Please help if you can - Thank you.

Sponsored Links
The very first thing to check is the pull switch.

How confident are you working on electrical installations?

Switch the power off at your consumer unit (fuse box)

Carefully unscrew your shower switch, and check that all the connections are nice and tight.

If there is evidence of burning then the shower switch will probably need replacing.

Have a look and let us know what you find, so we can advise you the next course of action.

Thank you for your quick response, I will have a look after disconnecting the mains that all the wires are in nice and tight......will keep you informed. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back