Shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have got a problem with my shower and hoping there is a simple fix.

We have a pull cord which turns power to the shower on, with a light coming on the front of the shower, there is then a button on shower to start the water running. Now the pull cord box appears to be working as usual as when it is on the red light is on and when off it is not.

The problem is when the cord has been pulled the light on the front of the shower now only comes on very very faint so there is some power going through but not enough to turn the shower on. I have checked connections in the pull cord box and they are fine. Any suggestions what is causing it as i would have thought if there was a problem with shower unit the light would not come on at all? The shower unit is a Mira Go and is approx 5 years old?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Does the shower still operate if you press the on/off button ?
Have you checked the connections with a meter ?
Don't always rely on the bulb.

The problem is when the cord has been pulled the light on the front of the shower now only comes on very very faint so there is some power going through but not enough to turn the shower on. I have checked connections in the pull cord box and they are fine. Any suggestions what is causing it as i would have thought if there was a problem with shower unit the light would not come on at all?
The pull switch does not know if an appliance is connected or not.

The neon should work when the switch is on, regardless.

Change the pullcord.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back