Shower Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have recently been having issues with our Mira Sprint 8.5 kW shower.
The pull cord power light would"go-out" when the shower on button was pressed - I replaced the pull cord and this allowed flow from the shower.
However, the water does not heat and is only warm even on the highest temperature setting. Also the red light on the pull cord does not illuminate.
Any help would be great
Cheers
Mark

Sponsored Links
As for the light not lighting on the pull cord - sometimes the neon (which has two tiny legs on it) aren't pushed into the terminals all the way and you have to push them in as you put the cable in.

Your original issue sounds like a loose connection - did you find any burnt cables at the switch?

You may still have a loose connection, either in the switch or in the shower itself - unlikely to be the cause of your issue but definitely worth checking.

Was the shower working perfectly before the pull cord issues?

Yes working perfectly prior to the pull cord issue.
No burnt/scorch-marks on the old switch.
So its possible that i have left a loose connection on the new switch?
Cheers
Mark

Sponsored Links
Well, the neon is definitely loose, so when you check that, just check your connections are nice and tight on both sides. Also check the shower.

I'm sure someone with more shower specific knowledge will have a better idea of what the heating problem is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back