ELECTRIC SHOWER LIGHT OFF, PULL CORD ON..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My electric shower has stopped working. The light on the unit is off but the light on the pull cord is on.

I noticed that when the pull cord is on and I press the button on the shower unit to on, the pull cord light goes off! I never noticed this before. Is this a clue to what could be wrong?

As I write this I cannot remember the name of shower unit (not home to look).

It's worked fine since we moved in (almost a year ago) We were away all weekend and I went to use it Monday morning. My partner left the pull cord on all weekend but we've done this before.

Any help or ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Turn off the main supply at the consumer unit, open the switch and check the connections. Pound to a penny the neutral has either come loose or burned out.

Ok, hope so. This sounds like an easy fix. Thank you for your quick reply, will try this tonight and report back findings!

Cheers.

Even if you turn off at consumer unit, still check for voltage at the isolator, and use a two probe voltage indicator for this, do not touch until you have proved the circuit is dead!
Sound very likely you have a loose connection or a faulty contact within the isolator.

Sponsored Links
Opened the isolator box last night and the neutral (N out) had indeed burnt out.

I am going to buy a new one today. Thank you all for your reply's.

One further question: Why did this happen? It's always nice to know why these things happen!

Thank you all again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back