electric shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have installed a Redring Expressions 500 six months ago. more recently have had problems with water getting too hot. even when the flow contol valve is fully open-maximum flow-the overheat neon lights up presumably because the thermal cut-out has operated. appreciate that input temp is higher at this time of year. have cleaned inlet filter. and flow doesnt seem reduced. would appreciate any help. thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes I have checked inlet valves fully open and as I said cleaned the inlet filter

Sponsored Links
I have tried with shower head off. I've tried with shower hose disconnected, running for 5 minutes on cold
Does anybody recognise a possible component problem?
There was a bit of grot in the inlet filter before I cleaned it out.

thanks for replies. have disconnected mains supply feeding the shower and let mains water water run into bath for a few minutes. a fair amount of grot came out! anyway, seems to done the trick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back