Electric shower replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A little while ago, my Aqualisa started to make some worrying noises so I decided to by a new electric shower.

I called an electrician to come and fit it.

He came, took off the current one and looking at the new one said that I needed an "integral shower".

To my eyes, an electric shower is just a shower with a motor inside and a water pipe and an electric connection at the back and you should be able to replace one by another.

Am I missing something here?

How can I make sure that the next electric shower I'm going to get is an "integral" one?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Ludo ([email protected])

Sponsored Links
Ludo said:
Hi,
He came, took off the current one and looking at the new one said that I needed an "integral shower".
Not quite sure what he means by this

To my eyes, an electric shower is just a shower with a motor inside and a water pipe and an electric connection at the back and you should be able to replace one by another.

No motor in an electric shower, but they arn't all the same, they differ in ratings (and also water/electricity entrance points)

Hi Adam,

No motor in an electric shower, but they arn't all the same, they differ in ratings (and also water/electricity entrance points)

It may be because there is no motor in the new shower I bought but I'm sure that I checked it out.

I will check when I get back home.

Thanks for your reply.[/quote]

How many pipes go to the shower?

Is the cable very large? or quite small?

Is there a pullswitch with a neon in the ceiling?

Is there a rating (in Kw) on the old shower?

Sponsored Links
The only "electric" showers I know with a pump are thermostatics fed off H&C supply with a 5A fused spur providing a feed to an integral pump.

crafty1289 said:
How many pipes go to the shower?

Is the cable very large? or quite small?

Is there a pullswitch with a neon in the ceiling?

Is there a rating (in Kw) on the old shower?

I'll have to check all this this week-end as I am working away.

Cheers

Ludo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back