Electric shower wont turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do I need to replace the whole unit ot can I order a new on/ off switch? I'm not sure if switch is broken, but it keeps on springing back and guessing it should stay on place .

One last question, am I endanger of electrocuting myself taking cover ? I turned electric off completely in flat

20190929_094331.jpg
20190929_100351.jpg
20190929_100459.jpg

Sponsored Links
There should be a switch or pull switch that will isolate the shower. that's the only one you need to switch off. It will at least let you get the other leccy back on.

Mira's support is usually pretty good. If I remember rightly the power buttons on some of their units don't stay in, rather is just turns it on and press again to turn off. A quick call to their support with the shower model will confirm.

I agree with @Madrab, i Don’t think they stay in, however they sometimes have a small piece on the back of the cover that pushes onto the switch.

Sponsored Links
There should be a switch or pull switch that will isolate the shower. that's the only one you need to switch off. It will at least let you get the other leccy back on.
It's in cupboard behind shower. I turned that off. Just wanted to be doubly careful so turned off whole electrics in flat.

Mira's support is usually pretty good. If I remember rightly the power buttons on some of their units don't stay in, rather is just turns it on and press again to turn off. A quick call to their support with the shower model will confirm.

Will do. Maybe test switch inside unit by running shower with cover off and pressing it in taking care that no water gets in unit

I took front off and turned on shower and pressed black button behind switch on front cover but it didn't switch off.

Called Mira and they said they think it's the flow valve- £26. Is it worth changing myself or paying £130 for someone to do it?

It's the grey component at bottom middle of unit
20191003_103348.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn’t necessarily go off Mira’s analysis, and it’s up to you on whether you feel confident and competent to change it yourself. Does the switch do anything (eg click when you push in/out)?

if shower still runs with main power isolated, then you have a faulty flow valve.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I wouldn’t necessarily go off Mira’s analysis, and it’s up to you on whether you feel confident and competent to change it yourself. Does the switch do anything (eg click when you push in/out)?

Nothing

@Keitai ..... just to be clear, are you saying that even when the power to the shower is turned off, the shower still runs?

Sorry no when the switch in the other room is turned off the shower turns off no problem. It's the switch on the electric shower unit which wont turn it off

The switch is kaput. Fit a new one ,its permanently closed circuit and keeping the solenoid open.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The switch is kaput. Fit a new one ,its permanently closed circuit and keeping the solenoid open.

Is it easy enough to fit an on/off switch? Where would I get one?

If I was to get a new shower which lined up to old pipe work. Is it easy enough?

Is it easy enough to fit an on/off switch? Where would I get one?

If I was to get a new shower which lined up to old pipe work. Is it easy enough?

I’d go with new switch, try an online company such as showerdoc, direct heating spares, or even your local plumbers merchant. You just need the correct part number/identification. Looks easy enough to me.

If you went with a new shower this is also relatively easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back