electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys..i wish to purchase a 9.5kw electric shower and replace my 8.5kw electric shower...the current cable size is 10square twin and earth and its connected into a 40amp rcbo at my mcb board..is it safe to just swap the showers or will i have to change the cable size and rcbo size?

Sponsored Links
Visit your local DIY shed and look at the cables, if you can, either measure the 10mm or cut a small piece off and check against what you have.

Sponsored Links
how will i know what size cable i have going into my electric shower
Also have a look to see if you can see any writing on the pvc sheath. It should tell you what size you've got. However you work it out - make sure you get it right! You don't want a shower (or anything really) on a circuit with a cable that's too small.

Hi guys, i'm fitting a 10.5 kw shower into a house in France and want to know what size cable I should use for the job. Also, we've been told that we can't get pull cord switches so will have to fit a wall switch instead. What steps should I take to make sure the job is done safely?
When fitting the wall switch, I believe I should use the same rating of cable to connect the switch, is this true?
Would appreciate any help I can get on this.
Thanks guys.

Over here we would use 10.0 mm 2 T&E, and yes you should use the same cable throughout the circuit. Why not take a pull switch over with you?

Back