Electric Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cable sizes and fuse ratings must be checked!! Figures given in this article are NOT correct in all cases.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous said:
Cable sizes and fuse ratings must be checked!! Figures given in this article are NOT correct in all cases.

Thankyou very much someone has noticed this as well I actually wrote out some matarial to cover this in particular with respect to the maximum rating of the consumer unit although I notice that this has not been posted

Elite_electronics said:
Anonymous said:

Thankyou very much someone has noticed this as well I actually wrote out some matarial to cover this in particular with respect to the maximum rating of the consumer unit although I notice that this has not been posted

It did..........

see here

to elite-, if you read the post that you replied to properly, you will notice it is nearly two years old, so much for your observations

Sponsored Links
I need to lend one of your eye's Breezer...... ;)

il78 said:
Elite_electronics said:
Anonymous said:

It did..........

see here

so can someone please tell me what the correct cable size is and fuse required.I have 10mm cable and a 50 amp fuse in my fuse box is this ok

Depends on what size (kW) shower you have?

But 10.0mm usually does the trick....

Thanks .its 10.5kw shower but someone said it had to be a 40 ampfuse in use box is 50 ok?

It does not matter with a fixed load like a shower that will never exceed its max rating. As long as the cable is up to the job, a 50A breaker is fine.

Elite_electronics said:
Who are you, and why do you keep trying to kick this back into life?

Ban, I should't worry about it, Elite is no longer with us (acording to number of posts)

securespark said:
It does not matter with a fixed load like a shower that will never exceed its max rating. As long as the cable is up to the job, a 50A breaker is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back