Electric under floor heating 3 areas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We turn off our electric under floor heating before summer and have gone to switch it on today and it’s not working.

it’s a poly pipe electric system and that’s about all I know. We have 3 areas with 3 separate thermostats (utility, kitchen, lounge) and they are all not working. The thermostats are all fine and working but no heat at all. I’ve checked the main fuse box and can’t see any problems and I’ve also checked there is a fused spur in the kitchen which is on and I’ve changed the fuse - it’s next to a twin socket which is working and I think this switch is the master for all floors (I think). Can anyone advised what my next steps should be or what I can do before I call a sparky? I don’t know what else to do and what I need to do with a multimeter? Could it be something with the mains fuse box?

Sponsored Links
Well for a start you could use your multimeter to check if the fuse you took out is OK and whether your replacement is still OK

Well for a start you could use your multimeter to check if the fuse you took out is OK and whether your replacement is still OK

thanks did double check that and fuse is definitely working. The lives going into the fuse spur are definitely working to.

if I take the thermometers off, can I see if there is current from the lives going into the thermostat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back