Electric Underfloor Heating in Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was planning to have tiles put down in my kitchen with electric underfloor heating underneath.

The mains gas also runs under the kitchen floor however and I wanted to check it's safe to have them both in the same room.

In the attached photo, you can see the gas mains enter the kitchen in the bottom right corner, it then tees off for the stove on the left side and continues straight to the wall at the top of the photo where it connects to the boiler.

Since the photo was taken, ecotherm celotex insulation has been but down between the joists covering the pipe with plywood (pictured) over the top.

I believe ditra Matt will be then put over the plywood before the underfloor heating is layed.

Is it safe to have electric underfloor heating given the insulation and covering of the mains gas pipe?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20190506_123829.jpg
    IMG_20190506_123829.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 161
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back