Electrical Apprenticeship

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently starting my second year at Canterbury College studying Electrotechnical Level 2. I have acheived a Distinction in my Health & Safety exam and am now looking for an apprenticeship within the industry. Iam 25 and hard working does anyone know where there may be a job going in kent?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
McDonalds in Ashford? :)

Bad time to enter construction industry.

I wouldn't have thought there would be many companies looking for a 25 yr old to set on as an apprentice.
You really should have started an apprenticeship at 16.

I dunno, i imagine a 25yr old apprentice would pick things up a lot faster than a 16yr old? Maybe not too happy on apprentice wages though!

Sponsored Links
Any decent spark in their 20`s running their own show would take on someone to do the donkey work of floor lifting and chasing/ box setting while assisting with the tech stuff . Even a old plumber like me got importuned @ a cottage I was in - bloke said do you want chasing and your box filled , plus a bit of shirt lifting :eek: . I ripped the sparge pipe off the wall and clobbered him with it ;)

Any decent spark in their 20`s running their own show would take on someone to do the donkey work of floor lifting and chasing/ box setting while assisting with the tech stuff . Even a old plumber like me got importuned @ a cottage I was in - bloke said do you want chasing and your box filled , plus a bit of shirt lifting :eek: . I ripped the sparge pipe off the wall and clobbered him with it ;)

Kick 'im in his drain cock. :eek:

That will learn him!!

Blimey, so much negtavity in this topic and the "becoming a plumber" one!

I know things are bad, but they are everywhere...I trained 20 years ago as a spark, but lost my job when housing market collapsed in 89/90. I'm now signed up to retrain back into the tade over the next 2 years after 20 years doing an employed job in the public sector.

How about a bit of positivity please :cry:

In terms of 25 + year old apprentices, they can only be better thatn 16 year olds...at 40, I know that I can do probably just as good a job as most qualifieds with all the diy work I have done over the past 20 years for not only me but friends and family, I always do a professional job. What I'm getting at is, older "apprentices" may very well actually earn their kee and some!

no you think you can do a good job.. how do you know your doing things the way they should be done if your not qualified to do so. do your friends & family know there house insurance is void if it burns to the ground because of something you may of done....... :LOL:

no you think you can do a good job.. how do you know your doing things the way they should be done if your not qualified to do so. do your friends & family know there house insurance is void if it burns to the ground because of something you may of done....... :LOL:

How is doing joinery and plastering going to burn a house down? Don't assume etc etc! :LOL:

Joking aside though, the principles of electrical installation are still the same, physics "ya cannae change the laws of physics etc" I do do some permissible electrical work, but not the notifiable stuff! Basically, I've kept my hand in, and still read the up to date stuff! Trust me, I'm safe! :)

I'm currently starting my second year at Canterbury College studying Electrotechnical Level 2. I have acheived a Distinction in my Health & Safety exam and am now looking for an apprenticeship within the industry. Iam 25 and hard working does anyone know where there may be a job going in kent?

Thanks
Get yourself onto LinkedIn and join groups related to Kent businesses (there are around 4 - 5 groups I know of, some I'm a member of). Introduce yourself there and repeat the question above in a discussion or job. Better chance of proper replies, pointers and even an introduction than here.

Sponsored Links
Back