Apprenticeship help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! my real name is chris and i'm currently studying (Electrical installation C&G 2330 level 3) at college 1 day a week (friday)

I'm struggling to find an apprenticeship and i'm afraid that if I don't the course will simply get too hard. I've been sending my c'v and covering letter off to 10 company a week and haven't had any offers.
I'm the youngest in my class :( (17) because I got the grades in school to go straight on to level 2 and passed all that first time round.
The majority of students in my class have already got some sort of an apprenticeship with a company. Does anybody here know of a good company I can write too, or have any advice for me?

Thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
it may be the fact that you are under 18 (iirc employment law changes quite a bit when you reach 18) thats putting them off.

have you spoken to your colleges careers service?

not getting and apprenticeship isn't the end of the world, i know at least one fairly successfull sparky who never did one.

good to hear your motivated and looking to get into the trade.

have you try'd the local council or leccy companies. apprentiships with theses are like golddust but worth a try.

also look at contacting private industrial firms, they may have or decide they could do with a electrical maintenance trainee.

dont give up and making sure you do well in your college course will look good to prospective employers so keep studying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back