Help with IEE Regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help me?.
I am studying at college my C&G 2330 in electrical installation i have been told to get a copy of the IEE wiring Regs 16th Edition (brown cover).
Are there any books that put the regs into english.

Sponsored Links
TLGUIDE.JPG

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Electricians_Guide_Book/
0750665394.02._BO01,224,223,220_PIsitb-sm-arrow,TopRight,17,-16_SH30_SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750665394/ref=si_1_1/026-7235559-4730020

Sponsored Links
Gazza, I would still advise you to get a full copy of BS7671:2004 (Regs book)

You will need it to complete your studies correctly.

I work for IEE - if you join as a student member (£12 I think) I'm sure you can get a 20% discount on all purchases. You'll probably benefit as the full Regs, plus Onsite Guide, Electrician's Guide to Part P and even one of the Guidance Notes titles will cost £100 for the lot - you'll save £20 as a member. You'd also be entitled to receive the IEE Careers publication, amongst other things - but don't quote me on this, I don't work in membership - I just print the books!

If you want more details, email [email protected] and ask for the email to be forwarded to Book Production.

Thanks Meeeeshell just had a close look at the IEE website and you are correct about the student discount and better than that they only want £24 for 3 years membership thanks again for your help.

yes ban all sheds i did read that i think that the price of the cd rom is a bit on the high side no wonder people are doing pirate copys on ebay i have seen these on ebay but i will not buy one.

Thanks for forwarding that link. Considering I'm fielding these comments in my own time, and therefore not as a representative of the IEE (even when at work I'm not responsible for setting pricing levels), I'll decline to comment on the opinions expressed. However, I'm forwarding the link to my work address so that I can discuss this further with my colleagues (and more specifically with our new Publishing Director).

Gazza30 - I'm glad to be of service!

Good luck with the course. Last year we had a guy on our course who reconned he could manage with an old edition of the regs, it was yellow.
He was taking his exams for the 4th time!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back