Electrical Safety Certificate

Hi Husband has just informed me and not sure if this makes a difference but the water pipe coming from the ground to the stopcock is actually lead I know very old but never had any problems. Will this make a difference Now?
Thanks once again
Oggy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Given the amount of electrical work you have had done on your house, I'm astounded that not one of the previous electricians has not highlighted and fixed the main protective bonding issue - especially as you have had a new Consumer unit.
We cannot even fit a new socket unless we first check that the main bonding is in place and correctly sized.

Using the lead pipe is fine - but the question is whether you are going to the work or an electrician?

Given the fact that this fundamental issue has been 'missed' on several occasions I do fear that the rest of the installation may be not up to standard.

I would wait until the electrician comes out to do the Periodic Inspection Report before doing anything yourself.

Price will depend on how difficult the route is and therefore the time it takes and the cable length.

Hi All the main consumer unit is earthed and all the right size cable. Also Hubby took kickboard off the bottom of cupboard in the kitchen and there are two earth wires coming from the Mains water. Dad said water mains is earthed we just need the pipes under sink,Bathroom and probably shower earth bonded now thank god and he said this aint a big job thank god
Thankyou all for your advice it has been greatly received you have all put my mind at rest.
When we first moved in the house wasnt earthed at all but we called in a electrician and had this done who also earthed our lights put us a new consumer unit in and put us a ring main in the kitchen to as the plug sockets was spurred of a plug socket in the living room. But this has been put right since.
Waiting for electrician to come Friday now and Im hoping the only thing that needs doing is the taps in kitchen and bathroom and shower earth bonded which I have been told isnt a big job and shouldnt cost to much.
Thankyou once again
Oggy

The taps in the kitchen do not need bonding.

The pipes in the bathroom may not but it depends on all the bathroom circuits being on an RCD, plus some other more subtle conditions. The electrician should be able to explain what these are.

Hi thankyou for that very much you have answered my question. The only electrical item we have in Bathroom is a shower Light and Extractor fan thats it
Thankyou again
Oggy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back