Electrical work in France - CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE??????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I wondered if you could help me, are there any regulations regarding working in france if you are a qualified spark in this country, it manily applies to holiday parks/caravan parks owned by a french company.

plus are the city and guilds sparks qualifications recognised and accepted in the rest of europe, how about USA, Australia and New Zealand

Hope you can help

Regards

Sponsored Links
no idea, i would suggest you check with them.

i know in australia joe blogs can only change lamp, nothing else

Many thanks, as far as im aware the companys wont have any idea, i think it would be best to approach them knwoing all the facts, anyone know the answers to my questions????

C&G qualification are recognised world wide and to be honest, IMO the C&G training standards are (or were) the best in the world.

If you work to 7671 in most other parts of Europe you will exceed their standards by a long way so you will need to get some local knowledge before you start. If your client can afford it by all means works to 7671 but I think you will find that most will want the local cheaper option

Sponsored Links
Australia and NZ will not let you work "out of the box", you have to sit an exam on their rules and regs before they will license you.

The US is different, you need a License for each state you work in (Although I think you can get a National one).

Europe is fee to all from the UK, but their are specific Regulation and Statutory requirements that you need to be aware of.

Big_Spark said:
but their are specific Regulation and Statutory requirements that you need to be aware of.

Edit.

Do you know any specific ones?

I am 70% sure some from here went to France, to wire the gaff they brought over there, it was wired with switched neutrals.

but they wired it as we would and the local inspector thought it odd but passesd it

Switched & fused neutrals are common in Europe unlike building inspectors. :LOL:

I'm not aware of any BC sign off for domestic work in France but that could be just my experience?

Pensdown, I have done work in France and Spain, but to be honest I cannot name specific regulations. I did the work to UK regs and there was no problem, a little confusion initially, but no problem.

However to do this all the time might be an issue so it would be wise to search the web for specific regulations, they exist and they should be worked to. Use Google.

Here is a taster..

http://brittany.angloinfo.com/information/2/electrics.asp

or this

http://www.totalfrance.com/france/fiches.php?fiche_id=29

many thanks guys that really helps me out, so basically if i go and do work on a holiday park like a caravan park, owned by a french company im covered

Big-Spark, they are very useful links, thanks, or should I say merci beaucoup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back