Electrical work in my house - what can I legally do

A live lightning conductor WOW .
Did you have to fly a kite up ?

Sponsored Links
There are some who have a vested interest in disparaging the humble (but uselful) neon screwdriver and it is about time they put their shirts back on and dressed properly.

You can see past entries on this and other fora for views on this subject - suffice it to say that unlike a two leaded tester a neon screwdriver (with the knowledge of it's limitations in mind) gives, as Plugwash has reiterated, a result relative to you. An indication which can be life saving.
There are improvements which could be made but those who condemn the use of neon screwdrivers do so with a voice that far outweighs the risk by using these. I will say no more on the subject.

Regards

Sponsored Links
I'm very interested to find out how many people have been injured or killed as a result of using a neon screwdriver to detect the presence of 240VAC?

Does anyone know?

Softus said:
I'm very interested to find out how many people have been injured or killed as a result of using a neon screwdriver to detect the presence of 240VAC?

Does anyone know?

I wasn't using it to detect the presense of 240V (I wouldn't be that stupid :LOL:) but I was using one to tighten up a screw terminal and the fücker snapped giving me a nasty gash... does that count? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back