Electrician – Training and work experience.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After completing 22 years in the army, I have chosen electrician as my future career.
Taking into consideration of the accumulative years experience between you guys I hope you may be able to give some top advice.
I am currently attending, part time, and should have completed, year 2 of C&G 2330 by the time I leave and will be looking for a job that will give me ideal opportunity to complete year 3 and gain best all round experience.
Any suggestions and any other advice at all, would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
We took on an 'apprentice' in his mid thirtys five months ago. He went down the same path as you with attending college then after a year or so getting a job working in the industry whilst still attending college two nights a week. I think the most important thing is to start seriously looking for a job now, as by all accounts it can take a while to find someone who will be willing to take you on. The best thing you can do is ring around local companys, from small local companies to large national outfits. Also see if you can get some weekend or part time work now to gain a bit of experience as this may help sway potential employers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back