Electrician has left holes in interior brickwork

Get the guy back, ask him to tidy up, show him a copy of the diagram I posted, suggest group factor is better and also suggest he goes and hires a wet cutter and goes in to the brick where cable bulging might interfere with the plastering line.

I'm sure Chri5 did not mean to omit that there are limits as to how far he can cut into the wall. Can't remember them off hand (it's my age, you know!), but I'm sure someone will post a link.

I couldn't remember :eek: 53 yo head :)

A 6th means something isn't that through the whole wall ;)

Sponsored Links
EFL thanks for pointing that out. We knew someone would take the bait :D

Sponsored Links
:oops: My mistake. I skimmed it...

I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...

:oops: My mistake. I skimmed it...

I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...I am not worthy...

Liar :rolleyes:

Securespark, Chill, chill, chill! Come on, take your Ritalin!

You're worthy, you're worthy, get up!

Oh, OK, then. As long as you're sure!

Don't take Ritalin but you have reminded me to take some other tablets! ;)

Is the house in Chorlton?

No - it would be a few grand more if it was! :LOL:

Whalley Range, then? ;)

I reckon I could do with some Valium! Just uploaded a couple more photos including one of where the kitchen units are going to go inc the cooker. Whalley Range - v. funny. No, even cheaper are than that. We have snow here you know.... :LOL:

It's got to the point where I think I could spend an hour on youtube looking at funny animal clips for pure escapism. :unsure: May I add - not due to you guys - but regarding this project! :eek:

I can't understand why there are so many wires running from the upstairs, down through the bathroom light switch and then down to the hallway two gang light switch. The meter is in the garage which is next to the downstairs hallway. How he got through from the upstairs I have no idea. Are all you electricians contortionists? :eek:

Insulation board on external walls.
Are you OK with the fact that it's very difficult to have cables or pipes behind and then coming through the insulation board, very difficult to have accessory boxes sunk into them etc?

The walls will be cold - even colder than they get now, and the interior of the rooms will be warm. When warm air gets onto the cold walls through holes in the insulation made for back boxes, cables etc it will cause condensation, which will lead to damp, possibly mould with spores which are bad for your health etc.

It's very difficult to get internal wall insulation right, but very easy to get it wrong and to start building up a load of problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back