Electricians and plumbers working together ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm moving into a refurb project soon and will need a full rewire and a full central heating system replacement - including all plumbing.

Can I have both done at the same time ? can the two trades work side by side without getting in each others way too much ?.

let me know what you think - thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, as long as they are aware of the fact they are to be working together so one doesn't turn up to find the other in the way. You never know they might end up helping each other :LOL:

or fighting for the same space and slowing each other down.

why don't you ask them how they feel about it?

Sponsored Links
Look the solution is simple.

Just make one rule......

Tea breaks for plumbers will not be at the same time as tea breaks for electricians.

That way for half the day the plumbers will be working without the electrians being in their way and for the other half of the day the electrians will be working without the plumbers being in their way.

How big is your home? will it be realistically possible to fit two over-inflated egos in there at the same time? :LOL:

fixed what exactly?

OP get the plumbing done first as the electrics don't need to be straight or flat. whereas the pipework will be better if straight and flat as much as possible.

That's better.

You should have let them do their bit first - that notch in the top of the joist would easily have taken your cables as well..... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back