Full rewire and CU change non registered electrician

But that would mean that the building notice charge is then 20% higher than the charge for a plan submission & inspection. I thought that the charges always worked out the same?

:confused:
For some reason East Devon charge more.

Sponsored Links
BAS, The old sheet does not have the electrical section. This is a new addition hence my shock at the increase cost.

BAS, The old sheet does not have the electrical section. This is a new addition hence my shock at the increase cost.
Increased cost?

That's not true though, is it.

Small scale work?

In the past when i have done notifiable work, admittedly on a smaller scale, lights in bathrooms extra sockets in kitchens etc the fee has been around £90 with the VAT.
The fee for that is now £51.06 + £38.29 = £89.35 including VAT.

So no increase there.

Rewires? Is this the old sheet: http://www.eastdevon.gov.uk/bc-fees2008-15.pdf ?

If we uplift those charges to allow for VAT at 20% instead of 15%, work costing £1001-2000 would have attracted a fee of £132.77.

You might have got a rewire for that price, but if it had gone over £2000 the fee would have been £223.76.

It's now £165.95 - less than the average of the £1001-5000 charge before.

I still don't see what the problem is.

A self installed rewire will cost me about 500 in materials so i would have been charged £73, my mistake i thought VAT was on top. compared to the £300 plus i am now being told.

Sponsored Links
BAS when I applied for mine the charges weren't on that sheet - I did the same rewire cost basis and they said there was a different charge for Part P works.

A self installed rewire will cost me about 500 in materials so i would have been charged £73,
I'm out.

There is absolutely no point in trying to discuss this with you, so incapable are you of reading the very materials you're using as the basis for your complaining.

These notes have been produced for guidance only. For an authoritative interpretation please refer to the EDDC BC Scheme of Charges 1st October 2010 and the Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010 SI 404....

Principles of charging scheme: calculating charges

—(1) A local authority shall determine the charges referred to in their charging scheme by reference to the costs of providing services in relation to particular building work or building work of particular descriptions, having regard in doing so to the overriding objective in regulation 6(3).

(2) The costs of providing the services shall be calculated using—

(a)the hourly rate at which the time of their officers will be charged, and.
(b)such of the factors listed in paragraph (5) as will be taken into account in estimating the time required by their officers for performing a chargeable function or providing chargeable advice.

(5) The factors to be taken into account as mentioned in paragraph (2)(b) are such of the following factors as may be applicable in the particular case—

(f)the estimated cost of the building work;
(10) In this regulation—

“estimated cost” means the amount accepted by the local authority as that which a person engaged in the business of carrying out building work would reasonably charge for carrying out the work in question, excluding value added tax and professional fees.

5 I am carrying out the work myself. How do I estimate the cost of work for Table C?
You must provide a viable commercial estimate based on contractors prices in the open market. We cannot take into account reductions for DIY labour.

So a DIY work valued at the material costs alone? It doesn't work like that, with any council anywhere, and never has.

That you don't know that is entirely your fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back