Electricians "guiding" DIY installation work

So where are people finding all these electricians to do what they are claiming they're doing?

Here?

2967555795_5980be0f68.jpg

Or maybe the reason they're not on here is that they're too busy spending time on their yachts. :)

Sponsored Links
But in the main I think we all know the guy is not really on holiday and the DIY man has no intention of getting anything tested. With these there is no reason why the DIY guy should not test his own work but at £45 there are those who would not even spend that to test their work and if they will not pay for the cheapest of tester than they are not going to pay an electrician to test.

I am one such DIY electrician, I cannot afford the expense of the testing equipment that a qualified electrician might use and so rely on my work being tested by a qualified guy, but prior to that inspection I would like something to give me an idea - is this device worth the cash and sufficient to give a basic safety test?

Sponsored Links
With these there is no reason why the DIY guy should not test his own work but at £45 there are those who would not even spend that to test their work and if they will not pay for the cheapest of tester than they are not going to pay an electrician to test.
I've seen all-in-one installation testers or sets go for not much more than 2 or 3x the price of one of those on eBay....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back