electricians

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i did my apprenticeship 20 old years ago but after getting though it all we all go laid off. i did some work on and off over the years but never really got back in to it. i'm working for b&q at the min and after getting asked for the tenth time if i do work on the side, i'm thinking sod it! time to get back in to it.

so seeing i'm only 15th edition and not part p, any one know the best way ( ok cheapest way ) to get up to speed.
thanks mike

Sponsored Links
get yourself a cscs card first and your 17th edition.
then get on with someone but tell them the score,you may be put on a reduced rate while you relearn stuff for a while.whatever happens the money you will get will wipe the floor with b and q money so it doesnt matter to much.

bottom line is your still a sparks.ive had a few blokes come through over the last few years who have had career changes and done their college in their own time,approached me saying they are qualified but dont know anything.they have all been a bit older(one was 53)and its been a great experience for all of us.

better than taking on a teenager imho,no worries about you reporting for work every day.

do it mate :D

Youll also ned to take an NVQ Level 2 in leaving bits of wire everywhere and ends of screws for everyone to kneel on.

If your any good youll also go for the Level 3 which also covers how to walk on a job unannounced and turn the juice off whever you like without asking anyone who may be using it.

If you crack that one the worlds your lobster...

:rolleyes:

Youll also ned to take an NVQ Level 2 in leaving bits of wire everywhere and ends of screws for everyone to kneel on.

If your any good youll also go for the Level 3 which also covers how to walk on a job unannounced and turn the juice off whever you like without asking anyone who may be using it.

If you crack that one the worlds your lobster...

:rolleyes:

Spot on! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
why is it some painters moan when you turn the lights on,while others moan when you turn them off?

never have got my head round that one :confused:

Youll also ned to take an NVQ Level 2 in leaving bits of wire everywhere and ends of screws for everyone to kneel on. :rolleyes:

I was taught to throw any swarf or sawdust into the painters kettle and of course if you see a wet paint sign - you always check to make sure its true - strangely enough the paint is usually wet. :)

Can you see what we are up against readers???? :rolleyes:

Annanuverfing, painters are supposed to sweep the floor to get rid of the dust (and the screws and bits of wire), so whats the point in anyone else sweeping up, if you kneel on a screw its your own fault for not sweeping up properly.

Typical!

Its a good job every trade dont think like that isnt it..

Oh hang on a minute..they do!! :rolleyes:

bunch of divas the painters, fake artists ,swan in whenever they feel like it,job ready or not and start mist coating everything from walls and light fittings to tool boxes all the while having hissy fits about mess(i aint clearing it up,im a spark).

then theres the silly names for paint, my house is painted in 'dulux supermatt gardinia' which to anyone else is matt cream. :LOL:

funny lot really

And!! cheeky git last week after he used my alloy steps, told me I ought to have fibreglass steps if borrow them to sparkies. you know I'm sure he was serious .. he seemed miserable enuff to be.. :confused:

bunch of divas the painters, fake artists ,swan in whenever they feel like it,job ready or not and start mist coating everything from walls and light fittings to tool boxes all the while having hissy fits about mess(i aint clearing it up,im a spark).

then theres the silly names for paint, my house is painted in 'dulux supermatt gardinia' which to anyone else is matt cream. :LOL:

funny lot really

Philistine.. :rolleyes:

hello everyone. need advice! hope you can help. I'm a self employed nearly kitchen/bathroom fitter and i want to focus on certain areas instead of just being jack of all trades, master of none!Want to train in electrics, do own work and certify own work.any courses i can do or does anyone need an apprentice!? :D but seriously all advice appreciated!

Get a proppa trade mate..decorator ;)

Try your local ECITB or local technical college..remember most places will close in a couple of weeks so get in quick if you want to set yourself up for a sept start.

Sponsored Links
Back