Electricity Meter Cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In my house the electricity meters are in a cupboard which is recessed into the wall just behind the front door. Basically the inner skin of bricks has been removed with the meter attached to the inside of the outer skin. This is finished of with a flimsy wooden door.
This causes quite a draft. I have insulated the door with the insulation used behind radiators and tried to fill any gaps with expanding foam but it is still drafty.
My next sep was going to be to cut a section of loft insulation to fill the space. Would this work? Do the meters need airspace around them? Will this cause a fire hazard? Is there a better way?
Any help would be very welcome.

Sponsored Links
a picture would help..

you might fix some rigid insulation ( ie foam ) to the inside of the door, and fit draugh excluder foam strips round the door to seal it..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back