Electricity safety

Building control have come at every stage of the work and approved everything.
I repeat, when you originally applied for Building Regulations approval, what did you say would be the way you would ensure compliance with Part P?

The contractor appied for building control applications, the plans wre refused because of the manhole, but we applied to applied to thames water for that.

Sponsored Links
As I already mentioned item 10 shows he needs to produce certification for the work.

I'd find a spark get figures and drop the cost of remedial work from the value on the contract you have with the builder.

As for the builder that will be via court and you need a full professional assessment of the defects.

When the defects are documented you can arbitrate, go to court or tell your existing builder that all remedials costs will come off the outstanding monies on the work.

Obviously if you have paid out more than you can recover by simple contra then court is the only action.

You should be careful about posting details such as the builders trading name (which you have done in your picture library) for legal reasons.

Trading standard do not care all they told us was to write to him to fix his mistakes, but I do not want him back at all.
Legally you have to give him the opportunity.

Time to find a solicitor.

We ahev paid him all the money quoted, now he wants an extra £7000 and won't fix any errors unless we give hom money which we do not want to do. Basically we want to break the contact but we do not know how to do it.

Sponsored Links
As I already mentioned item 10 shows he needs to produce certification for the work.

I'd find a spark get figures and drop the cost of remedial work from the value on the contract you have with the builder.

As for the builder that will be via court and you need a full professional assessment of the defects.

When the defects are documented you can arbitrate, go to court or tell your existing builder that all remedials costs will come off the outstanding monies on the work.

Obviously if you have paid out more than you can recover by simple contra then court is the only action.

You should be careful about posting details such as the builders trading name (which you have done in your picture library) for legal reasons.

He is not a limited company, I googled that name and did not find it anywhere.

Time to find a solicitor.
In the other thread, she's been advised to get an independent assessor to go over it all. It'll cost her initially, but then she'll have some authority on saying "it's not right" whereas at the moment the cowboy is clearly playing the game of "dumb householder can't criticise 'the expert'".

One of her later posts says she'll call RICS in the morning.
I fear this will get even more messy before it's resolved.

That's how the shoer room looks now. The gas meter has been moved outside.

Who moved the Gas Meter???

The room looks pretty shocking, but partly that will be down to it not being tiled yet. Why is there an unprotected earth in a non-safe zone coming out of the wall half way down, was he putting a supply in there?

Now we are trying to get rid of him. Not easy when he is convinced he has done a good job.

I doubt he thinks he's done a good job and he's making it easy to get rid of him by asking for more money before he comes back. Noone in their right mind would give him more.

Trading standard do not care all they told us was to write to him to fix his mistakes, but I do not want him back at all.

Doesn't matter, you have to go through the motions before you can move on each stage. Also did you mention that he's claiming qualifications he doesn't have? Call Cowboy builders too!

" For Cowboy Builders, contact us on 01273 224829 or email us at [email protected] "

I couldn't find anything on Google, but there is a ltd company listed with the same name, not sure about the location so you should check yourself.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

Transco moved it.we could smell gas.the only good thing from this job as we got rid of it.transco said the leak did not come from the boiler.
I have listed all points on a letter to send to him. Thanks for all the help i am getting here. He is well spoken and very nice but i still don't know if he knows he is in the wrong. He said he did over 100 extensions.also his brother is a solicitor.

He said he did over 100 extensions.also his brother is a solicitor.
He is still and idoit who has made an unsafe mess of your house for many months. Is brother may or may not be a soliciter, but they doesnt not mean that he is in the right or in any way untouchable.

Daniel

Aciob said he has just registered.2 weeks ago he wasn not.i shouldnt have told him i had rung them. He is not registered with rics and they told us we could go to the police and rics can write to them.

£20K for a 13.5m² extension in London, including decorating, shower room, installing and commissioning new gas boiler and relocating existing kitchen units sounds too cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back