Electricity supply responsiblity

definitely does, and those tails have definitely seen better days, to see the least
Indeed. It obviously did once have a fused neutral, but I suppose there's no certainty that there is still a fuse on the neutral side, rather than 'a lump of metal'?

Kind Regards, John

I've no idea what's inside, I'm too scared to touch them.

The DNO guy never looked, so I'm not sure why he reported back there was not a fused neutral situation.

Anyway I've e-mailed the DNO company as requested so hopefully this will prompt them into doing something now.

Sponsored Links
Obviously a possibility, and given their not sealed the DNO man could have opened it and checked. I would REALLY want those tails replacing regardless if it was mine

I'd be very wary of opening those whilst still live, in other words I wouldn't!

Photos of the set-up downstairs would be useful both on here and to the DNO so they can see the full arrangement.

Certainly I couldn't make a decision about how to proceed without knowing that information

Obviously a possibility, and given their not sealed the DNO man could have opened it and checked. I would REALLY want those tails replacing regardless if it was mine

They're in a cupboard above my bedroom door. You'd need a ladder to get up to see them and he definitely didn't use a ladder.

Sponsored Links
I'd be very wary of opening those whilst still live, in other words I wouldn't!

Photos of the set-up downstairs would be useful both on here and to the DNO so they can see the full arrangement.

Certainly I couldn't make a decision about how to proceed without knowing that information

Downstairs is inside my neighbours flat. They're not in at the moment and I also wouldn't know what I'm looking for? Would it be near their meter?

Would it be near their meter?

Probably, there will be an incoming cable to a termination, the cables going up to your flat and their meter.

All of that needs photographed

definitely does, and those tails have definitely seen better days, to see the least

And when they installed the fuses they put them with the hinges on the outside.

They should be mounted with the hinges on the inside so making it harder to have both fuses open simultaneously and reducing the likelihood of making contact with both poles of the supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back