Electrics and phone in a WC

Yes that’s right but they work fine for what I’ve got them in for tbh. I don’t rrakly want a full rewire to run CAT6 to everywhere do I tbh? A lot of disruption in order to do that. I agree that having network cable in would be great but the home plugs do the trick.

No they don't. They cause serious interference to other users of the RF spectrum. To not run CAT6 cable and cause such interference is selfish and knowingly causing interference is illegal. You now know they cause interference so you are breaking the law.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Can anyone help with the BT moving please? Thanks.

Unlikely, because anyone helping and now knowing you have an illegal interference creating device there would be aiding and abetting your illegal act.

Sponsored Links
As I said: "Unlikely, because anyone helping and now knowing you have an illegal interference creating device there would be aiding and abetting your illegal act."

I'll add that the BT master socket is the property of Open Reach and you are not allowed to interfere with it.

property of Open Reach and you are not allowed to interfere with it.

You can't interfere with the incoming line, no, but OpenReach themselves have a guide for connecting an internal extension to an NTE5c master...

www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instructions_CP.pdf

Chris, buy a short length of "2 pair" cw1308 cable to pass through the wall, connect to the master as shown in the PDF. Then using the same colour code, connect the slave socket next door...

2 = Blue/White
3 = Orange/White
5 = White/Blue

edit: Gotta run, the police are banging on my door! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
You can't interfere with the incoming line, no, but OpenReach themselves have a guide for connecting an internal extension to an NTE5c master...

www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instructions_CP.pdf

Chris, buy a short length of "2 pair" cw1308 cable to pass through the wall, connect to the master as shown in the PDF. Then using the same colour code, connect the slave socket next door...
Ah, but he needs to connect the DATA socket to the other side of the wall - so use a 3 pair cable and (in addition to the voice circuit using the blue and orange pairs) connect the green pair to the back of the DSL filter plate and to an "RJ11" socket the other side of the wall.

BTW - there's a gotcha with those 'orrible new sockets. If you unplug the DSL filter, any extension phones will stop working. The wiring terminals for the extension cables are connected to a second set of pins in the bottom of the test socket - the filter plate connects the filtered line to these additional pins when it's in place.

BTW - nice idea putting the router in the loo, after all the internet is the palce to find people posting no end of sh...... :D

Ah, but he needs to connect the DATA socket to the other side of the wall - so use a 3 pair cable and (in addition to the voice circuit using the blue and orange pairs) connect the green pair to the back of the DSL filter plate and to an "RJ11" socket the other side of the wall.

That is true for most installations, yes, oops, I made a mistake. BUT, unfortunately, you weren't aware(because it was via PM) that Chris has bought one of these for the other side of the wall.

Chris, it's OK, you don't need to buy anything else or change the cable. Connect NOTHING to this connector...

NTE5Cfrontremovedextensions.jpg

Connect just the blue pair to this connector (A = 'white/blue', B = blue)...

VDSLMK4NTE5CMK2extensions.JPG

...and then connect blue to L2 and 'white/blue' to L5 on the Solwise faceplate with the krone tool...

s-l1600.jpg

That should do it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back