electrics in WC / shower room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

To comply with building regs what type of extraction should I be fitting in my new wc/shower room (part of garage conversion). DO I need low V shower extractor only or would 'bathroom' extractor with timer suffice in keeping the BC inspector happy?

another query;
Its integral garage the type where your car bonnet ends up under the stair case. Imagine that room under the stair case, is it ok to put washing machine, other electrics in there as it boarders directly on the WC /shower area? What's the rule regarding proxmity of electrics to shower/ wc please.
thanks all for any advise.
Ks

Sponsored Links
It depends on where the fan is to be situated as to what voltage is required. I believe you need a fan with a run on timer (15mins??) for a shower room, the size of the fan depends on the size of the room.

Are the white goods going to be in the same room as the shower?

HI Spark123,
Thanks for info, I'll calculate the size and check the ventilation regs if I can find a copy.. when I check say screwfix catalogue only one fan I recall states that it meets regs when installed. I was thinking perhaps a lot of the fans are for servicing/replaceing old units and may not need to meet the regs.
The white goods would be behind the partiion you see below the white wall you see in the photo. I may change the partition and increase the opening, initially I was goiing to partition most of it off and leave access via cupboard door and use only for storage. I'm now rethinking to plumb in washing machine. The machine would be visible from the shower and WC area, or if needed to meet requirements I suppose I could put door in front..
ta
KS

View media item 1178 View media item 1178

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back