Electrics and pools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are in the planning stages of building a small wooden building to enclose an endless pool (where you swim against a current).

Whilst the electrics will doubtless need to be installed by a pro, does anybody have any internet links to sites that might assist me in at least planning the basic layout please?. I'm looking for things such as lighting, extractor fans etc.

Any key questions to ask the electrician before he gets the job to check that he understands pool situations?

Sponsored Links
I do wonder . . . where did you hear about these endless pools? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Now all we've got is google ads for endless pool INSTALLERS! :LOL: :LOL:

Crafty said:
I do wonder . . . where did you hear about these endless pools? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Ohhh, don't encourage them!
OK, I admit I gave in to curiosity and eventually clicked the link a few months ago - they sent me a DVD and I was impressed with the theory, but I'm not sure where they'd fit one in my 15th floor flat....

Crafty said:

Now all we've got is google ads for endless pool INSTALLERS! :LOL: :LOL:

Are there adverts on this forum. Can't say I noticed them :eek: :oops: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Google ads - my ad blocker cant block them 'cos they are just HTML codes, no images to say its an advert or anything.

Steth said:
We are in the planning stages of building a small wooden building to enclose an endless pool (where you swim against a current).

Whilst the electrics will doubtless need to be installed by a pro, does anybody have any internet links to sites that might assist me in at least planning the basic layout please?. I'm looking for things such as lighting, extractor fans etc.

Any key questions to ask the electrician before he gets the job to check that he understands pool situations?

It might be worth your while buying an onsite guide and 16th/17th edition regs book or look on EBAY here for a CD for less than a fiver to show you the Zones with regards to Swimming pools http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CD-Rom-for-Ci...yZ11437QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD10VQQcmdZViewItem

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back