Electrolux washing machine display doesnt work!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have Electrolux washing machine
Model: EWX14450W
Type: H1444432
Prod No: 914606001/00

A couple of weeks ago the display just didnt have any power...
After an hour it had power but just the white screen... We tried to follow some advice of switching of, closing the door and switching the power from the wall and trying it again and for the last two weeks machine worked. However this morning it doesn's work again. When turning the dial towards washing options it doesnt work, but when turning anticlockwise towards 'drying' options the power comes on. If we then turn the dial slowly toward 'washing' options it is possible to achieve display connection but unfortunately only with a white screen.
We never used drying option and the machine was installed by the builder when we moved in (3 years ago)... is there anything we can do before calling the engineer? Electrolux said the engineer will cost £99 plus parts plus VAT... I am keen to try repairing myself.
Many thanks
Gloria

Sponsored Links
The main pcb has failed and it could be down to the door switch. Also worth noting that not using the dryer side on this model will eventually cause a problem as the dryer element becomes damp and cause's fault code ED4 which also prevents you from washing.

thanks for your reply! I am not sure I understand what the door siwtch has to do with the main board? I am not sure if the dryer was damp as we actually very rarely close the door to ensure the mold is not created.... is it worth of repairing this one or buying a washing machine without a dryer... how complicated is to fix the new machine to the plumbing and to the door (integrated)...
ta

I think it would be worth repairing this model as it is better than the very latest Electrolux model's and isn't that old. The door switch can sometime's "spike" the main pcb that's why I mentioned it. If you really want to replace the machine then you have to think about the distance between the decor door hinge's as the distance varie's across make's. Electrolux also produce the Zanussi, AEG and the John lewis brand's so all these would be a direct replacement.

Sponsored Links
OK thanks for the advise, we might keep and and repair it... it is very strange! This evening i opened the door of the empty machine and switched on the power in the wall and than switched the prewash and the displayed worked... it is just anoying that sometimes works sometme doesnt. Do you know what the reason could be... and who to 'tune' in with the machine?

It wont be door to the door switch then if its intermittent more likely just the main pcb . As the display now works select and start the drain cycle now press both the start/pause button and the next button to the left of it in together at same time and keep them pressed in and a fault code will appear. It may be worth changing over to another plug socket just to that out as well.

thanks for your reply! I am glad that it is not the door. it is built in washing machine so cannot acces the plug somewhere else...I am still not sure why do I need to press all these buttons ? when I get the fault error message what shall I do then? ta

@ggloria007, @captaincaveman1 - I am having exactly the same issue - same electrolux make, same symptoms, same issue fixed itself 6 months ago and now it has given up on me. Was just wondering if you could share the details of the fix you had to make to solve the problem? Did you get electrolux to fix it?

Would appreciate a reply.

Regards,
Kunwar

Hello,

I am having exactly the same problem. We haven't used the dryer for over two years as it's totally useless and a waste of energy and money. When the display worked I have tried to press the Start/Pause button together with the Delay button to see what the error code is. This came up with EF5 and whilst EF5 was on display the Start/Pause button was flashing red. I don't think this is the code I was looking for as according to another thread this means EF5: Load too unbalanced; skipping of spin phases.

Are there any ways of fixing this or do I have to call an engineer?

Thanks a lot.

Michal

I have the same issue happened about a year ago then started working. this week the issue has returned leaving it on for an hour or so it turns on.

Anyone have a fix for the issue?

Thanks
Lee

Turn off the power to the machine, Remove the top, disconnect the grey cable plug, center back, turn on the machine the screen should come back on, run the dryer for 30 seconds, turn dial to off, turn machine off at wall, reconnect grey cable, put the machine back to get her, run the dry cycle on hot for a full cycle, cross fingers hope this fixes the issue long term...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back