Unable to level Electrolux Washing Machine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with new integrated Electrolux washing machine and dishwasher.

The washing machine can be raised fairly easily at the front, but the rear feet only seem adjustable to a very limited height of about 10-15mm's. The plastic hexagonal feet cannot take the pressure of adjustment and the edges start getting burred. conseqently I can't get the back up to the same height and level with the front. This means that the decor door and the machine is not vertical, or if I make the front and back vertical at a lower height, the decor door is lower than the adjacent cabinet doors. There is only 5 mm in it and it is driving me crazy.

I have given up for the moment and am about to have a go at the 450mm wide dishwsher. It sits at 8cms below the worktop, and there is no way it is going to adust up by that amount.

Surely they don't have to go on plinths? It is just a standard kitchen!

I would add that we have just bought a number of Electrolux white goods and their manuals do not impress in terms of instructions and diags, or the quality of the paper.

I also find their custmer service department particularly unhelpful when you contact them by e-mail. The replies come with foreign names, so I assume that CS has been out-sourced.

Sponsored Links
The plastic hexagonal feet cannot take the pressure of adjustment and the edges start getting burred.

take the pressure off the rear when your adjusting them.
integrated Electrolux washing machines and dishwashers are never useally a problem to adjust.

Screw a piece of thin ply to the floor at the back to lift it.
Integrated stuff sometimes does need to sit on something, usually a cutting of worktop to allow the legs to reach.

Thanks for replying.

I have taken the weight off, but can only do this by pulling the w.m. out. I find when I put it back that it is off level again. In any case I still can't get the rear feet to adjust to the same height as those at the front.
I will give the thin ply a go, possibly in the form of butted on laminate.

Thanks to you both for your suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Just out of interest. I got in touch with Electrolux. They say the rear feet are not adjustable!

If I had known this, I would not have bought the integrated washing machine. Apparently you have to put a board under the w.m. Surely it could be a simple matter just to fit adjustable rear feet at the manufacturing stage!

There have been so many problems with trying to fit their integrated white goods. They don't correspond to standard kitchen units. for example they provide a template for the dishwasher decor door, but it does not correspond to the dimensions of the kitchen unit door. I could go on!

The plastic hexagonal feet cannot take the pressure of adjustment and the edges start getting burred.

take the pressure off the rear when your adjusting them.
integrated Electrolux washing machines and dishwashers are never useally a problem to adjust.

I tend to find the machines are standard but the units can be a bit ambiguous in dimensions and levels, "depends who fitted them and how"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back