Electrolux Zanussi ZWF 1621

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my washer would not start to spin, i found out it needed a new water inlet valve which i fitted, but now i found out it will still not work because the electronic controller needs resetting.

Electrolux Zanussi ZWF1621 Prod No. 914521996 00
This machine uses the EWM1000 electronic control sytem

if someone could email me just a working eeprom dump from this type of machine this would be a great help to me.....

I have seen the Service software for this machine where you can load the eeprom back into this machines controller board via com 1

Sponsored Links
Not possible Paula (even if the moderators hadn't removed your email address). Unfortunately the pcb is either good or bad...there is no in-between. BTW are you sure the PNC number is correct (specifically the "996" bit?). Check the PNC again & post a photo of the control panel so we can see which fascia version you have. When you do that I'll tell you how to run diagnostics & read the alarm codes. I assume you have already checked the motor brushes, wiring etc?

Not possible Paula (even if the moderators hadn't removed your email address). Unfortunately the pcb is either good or bad...there is no in-between. BTW are you sure the PNC number is correct (specifically the "996" bit?). Check the PNC again & post a photo of the control panel so we can see which fascia version you have. When you do that I'll tell you how to run diagnostics & read the alarm codes. I assume you have already checked the motor brushes, wiring etc?

JUST CHECKED THE P NUMBER IS P6949646
Hope this helps
paula

PNC numbers have 9 digits (+2). Neither you stated tie up with your model number. In the absence of a photo of the control panel I will assume your model does not have an LCD display, & the panel layout consists of 5 horizontal option buttons + a rotary 16 position program selector. To read the last stored alarm do as follows: Turn the machine off & close the door. Press & hold the start button and the nearest option button. Turn the program selector one position clockwise (whilst holding in the two buttons). Keep the buttons depressed until the LED's begin to flash. Release the buttons then turn the selector switch slowly clockwise to the 10th position. At this point the last error stored in the Eeprom is manifested by a repeated series of flashes of the end of cycle LED and the start/pause LED. Note the sequence of flashes of these two LED's & post the result here.
(If your machine does happen to have an LCD display the error code is displayed on-screen).

Sponsored Links
JUST CHECKED THE ERROR CODE IS 2 LIGHTS TOGETHER THEN 1 LIGHT
I GUESS THE IS ERROR CODE 21
WHICH I THINK MEANS PUMP BLOCKED
CHECKED THE PUMP AND THERE WAS A BROKEN PLASTIC RULER UN THERE, REMOVED THIS BUT STILL THE SAME

Rotate the pump impellor by hand...check if it is free & there is magnetic resistance about every 1/4 turn. If it rotates without any noticeable magnetic resistance...or if there is any sideways slack at the impellor end then the pump is history. You could also remove the filter & put the washer on a drain cycle to observe if it runs smoothly. Failing a pump problem there could be a blockage or constriction in the drain hose (s) or a rogue sock or something similar could have found its way into the sump hose & is causing your problem.

Hi, Thanks for the help everyone, but my washer is still not working :(
The model is Zanussi Electrolux ZWF 1621
In test mode i get error 26
I have been trying to get this working befor xmas, lol
if i don't get any luck soon, i think its a trip to the dump
in test mode the machine will drain ok
any help please
thanks paula x

26 is not a valid error code. If the machine is throwing up invalid codes the the pcb is history :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back