elecy meters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi gone for couple jobs where they be putting me through quals to install these as well as the gas meters just wondering whats involed

Sponsored Links
It all depends on who you will be working for. I install "Smart Meters" so there is a bit more training required.

You will need to be trained to start with and then an assessment will be carried out and they will give you authorization to do certain types of meters, there are, single phase whole current, poly phase whole current and CT and you will have half hourly and non half hourly recording but I doubt very much if you will be doing half hourly recording. The training is ALL about Saftey, correct PPE and procedure. The connection of the meter (for whole current) is very simple. CT's are a bit more complicated and if you get it wrong, the consequences can be costly.

You will get a competency certificate for each type of meter that you are authorized to work on.

After that, you will need to go on a DNO authorization course for the area that you will be working in but you can move around the country and work on the same cert as it is deemed that all DNO's work to the same standards :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Most company send you out with an experienced engineer for a week after you have done the above to show you the ropes as there are contactors to fit as well as other bits and pieces.

You are not doing the training this week are you :?: I am taking someone out the week after.

Sponsored Links
no not got job yet will not hear til monday
and beside i live bolton lancshire not dorest
which is nice area than bolton

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back