ELICA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone heard of this brand and have an opinion on them? Am thinking of installing one of their chimney hoods. They seem to be much cheaper than Neff/Smeg etc Thanks.

Sponsored Links
As far as I am aware, Elica are the OEM designers/manufacturers for cooker hoods for many appliance brands.

They aren't necessarily cheaper, certainly not if you go for their top of the range job with automatic sensing and weather station for £1,500. :eek:

I think they are pretty much priced alongside the other brands so a £300 Elica will be as good as a £300 Neff, say. Elica do have some cheapies around the £100 mark but I would avoid, mainly because the airflow won't be great.

I would personally go for something with a flow rate of at least 450 cubic metres per hour. As I have a longish duct run, their remote motor models can provide up to 1000 m3/hr so I'm tempted by one of those (but put off by the high price).

James H - I've seen a Baumatic with a 1000m3 rating for about £400 (which does seem very cheap), if that's of interest to you. I'm also considering that one.

Sponsored Links
I have a cooker/chimney hood by Baumatic and must say it is very quite and has excellent ducting power. Would not hesitate to recommend them

Thanks, that's useful to know as I don't know very much about Baumatic hoods. Does anyone else have any views? Like whether it'll pack-up the day after its warranty runs out...... Thanks.

just a quick reply after two days the lights blew on my cooker hood rang baumatic up direct, engineer was out next day sorting it all out at no cost to me .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back