Elite 48 - Error Msg on Set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a new one for me.
On trying to set the alarm I get an error message:

Zones preventing EXIT Start are 15
Zone 15 Secure

Zone 15 is a DT-W, which according to Ricochet is working normally, including battery level.

I'm going to change the battery anyway, but in the meantime does anyone have any clues?

Sponsored Links
Well normally the DT-W is woken up when the setting process starts or at least the microwave component, many have issue getting the DT to set when its placed on the exit route as PIR element could be activated before the microwave is woken up.

However you have had this system in a while so guessing its not related to that, but open mind for now.

when a zone preventing arming normally occurs its due to it being active, it should then within a short space of time go secure and should be able to continue the arming process.

I don't think its something i can recreate here either, even with a full profile, certainly have a DT and some batteries of different stages of depletion.

How long has the current battery been in, do you know if signal strength has dropped, are you able to measure the voltage of the battery?

When did you walk past the DT last prior to arming?

Also event log can you see any issues reported with zone 15 in the log?

I did see once that after a power cut (panel remain on)some hours later the DT's on the system went into config error before the system could be set, a walk test brought them back on board, no battery swaps, also caused the smart com to lock up, that was resolved with generating an app code from the panel and not using the app code made that work also. The panel looked normal and so did the smart com.

Thanks very much for your suggestions guys. All the detector batteries were changed in June 18 so due for replacement this June. I have spares ready so will change them all later today. Should have checked the log but I'm juggling on-line work so had to leave it.
Will report back.

Sponsored Links
I checked the log, and sure enough there was a battery low alarm for zone 15. Strange that it didn't show up on Ricochet. I've not had one run out at less than 2 years before.
So I replaced all the detector batteries, and get another problem...

An Impaq Plus-W is now giving a polling error. It was only without a battery for a few seconds and I didn't expect it to lose contact with the 32XP-W. It's only a couple of metres away with only plywood in between. Looks like I will have to re-learn it but I've disabled it for the moment as I'm up to my eyes with a project. These things always happen at the worst time.

You can either tamper the device, or I would suggest doing a walk test on all devices.

As for the battery, sometimes the battery faults seem to clear on there own was that seen in the log?

a polling error isn’t the end of the world could just have missed its first poll because of the way it felL however if it goes to supervision it be more of an issue that needs looking at.

I finally got five minutes free to have another look at this. The Plus-W learned immediately at the first attempt and is now working normally.
Why it dropped out at battery replacement is a mystery, but if it happens again I'll know it's a simple fix.

Many thanks as always for your very educational advice secureIAM . It's a pity you are so far away or I would hand the system over to you and forget all about it.

Sally you do a great job and you contribute to the community, right now we are only doing emergencies and remote work.

Got installs waiting to go in (not emergencies for domestics as many have someone home all day every day), but until we are confident we can physically work on site safely, ie risk of infecting customers or ourselves emergencies only.

The furthest I have done remotely this year is Moldova, so London isn't a big stretch as long as you can open panels and devices etc and your more than capable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back