Elvox entryphone no buzzer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I installed an elvox 885 entryphone kit single button and it all seems connected but the buzzer does not work
the kit / a phone consists of transformer a phone a doorbell box a lock release.
I have fitted the entrance panel outside the garden gate and have left off the electric lock as i dont need the gate locked. When you pick up the handset in the house you can talk to the entrance panel but the door buzzer is silent.

I used telephone 3 twisted pair 6 core and only three wires are being used between the handset and box.
I did try connecting the electric lock terminals to see if it helped but it dif not
I have followed the wiring diagram exactly tested the transformer i dont know what to do next
steve

Sponsored Links
The system requires 4 common wires + 1 call wire. You'd use 3 common wires if you omit the lock release. But you will need the additional call wire.

AFAICS the call wire goes to terminal 6 on the handset, terminal 4/5 should be linked to terminal 3.

Check for voltage across 6 and 4/5/3 when call button is pressed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back