En-suite Skim - SBR preferable to PVA?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will soon be skimming the ceiling of my en-suite and spotted a few comments about using SBR instead of PVA prior to the skim. Previously i've only ever used PVA, but then again i've never skimmed an area that is affected by humidity. I have both products in the garage and so is SBR the better option?
For info, it is a standard PB ceiling that has been repaired due to the re-positioning of lights. I think it has previously had a skim, way-back when. I'll be doing a 2-coat with multi-finish.
Also, whilst i've got your attention, I saw a comment about doing both coats using the same mix. Never even considered attempting this and have certainly never done it; previously i've always made a second mix. Is it a good way to go if there is life left in the mix and there is enough of it remaining?
TIA

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back