En suite wall issue - how to fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have attached a picture of the wall in my en suite where there is a problem.

I think the cause is water dripping through.. does anyone know what needs to be done to fix it?

This is a rented property that I am moving out from next month so would rather get it sorted than have it taken from deposit.

Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_135913.jpg
    IMG_20191105_135913.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 159
Sponsored Links
Abc12345, good evening.

OK no other way to say this but? this "issue" has been on-going for a very considerable time.

From the image posted there appear to have been over time several [botched] attempts at stopping the shower water escaping,

Have you "reported" this issue to the Land lord / letting agent?

If not??? suggest you consider doing so now, prior to lease termination, if you do follow this path, then contact the landlord / leting agent by e mail that way you have a record of the contact.

Ken.

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your kind reply.

No I have not contacted the landlord about it. I cannot remember how it was when I moved in 3 years ago, I will see if I can find some pics on my old phone, for some reason I think it may have been pasted over.

I guess I have been putting it off for a while now, but now the time has come. Is this something that I could hire someone to fix relatively cheaply? Or is it more complicated than that? As you can probably tell I have no experience with stuff like this... Thanks.

I don’t see why you should have to bear the cost of it, is it not something the landlord should have ensured didn’t happen? i.e. maintain it properly.

Sponsored Links
Shower leaking or you leave door open when showering , either way needs resealing and decorating .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back