End feed reducing tee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yes still on with the bathroom although to be fair have done about 2 days on it so far. I have brought a reducing end feed t that I presumed worked like a normal tee in terms of over the pipe then solder on but the 22mm part of the tee won't go over a 22mm piece of copper??

Sponsored Links
Does the fitting fit inside another 22mm fitting?

Or have you been sold a 3/4" fitting by mistake? (3/4" fittings are about 1mm smaller than 22mm fittings)

I must have its the same diameter as a 22mm piece of pipe but ever so slightly smaller then a 22mm standard t that I have.

Sponsored Links
I have no idea what street is :oops: :LOL:

Will pop back and have a word with them, must have been an off day for the guy he is usually very good but he also sold me 22mm barrier pipe rather then 21.5mm overflow pipe :rolleyes:

A street fitting is female at one end and male at the other end.

To use your reducer, you need a 22mm end feed coupling on the end of the pipe, then the reducer slips into the coupler.

Sounds like you are having fun :confused:
A street fitting (no idea why they are called that) will accept a push in copper pipe at one end, ready for soldering, but accepts a compression fitting, with an olive, at the other.
Bit of a difference between barrier pipe and overflow pipe! :p
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back