End panels for kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a howdens kitchen which comes with end panels. Few questions.

I understand you screw in to out. But how do I line them from the front, should I just get the width of the door and have them pretuding out by this distance?

On the base ends, should I take the end panel to floor level? or to where the carcus ends, and put continue the plinth?

Any other tips?

Sponsored Links
With most of the howdens doors, you will want around a 20mm overhang from the carcus (Burford range etc). Just to be certain on the range you have, measure the thickness of your doors and add around 2mm to that figure. Always helpful to quick grip the panels in place before you screw.

On the base ends, take the panel right to the floor, the plinth will run in to it.

Thanks . And what about the between between a tall appliance larder and cabinets(wall and base))0? I presume I do the same but don't take these to floor level?

You mean an appliance end panel? That will go from the top of the wall units/larder cabinet, down to the floor too

Sponsored Links
They need to go from top of the wall cabinets to the floor on both sides of the appliance housing otherwise you will loose the alignment of the wall/base cabinets.

You mean an end panel like the one to the left of this fridge?

Attachments

• IMG_1567.PNG
    IMG_1567.PNG
    774 KB · Views: 1,987
Few more questions. Is it best to put the clean edge(non cut edge) at top or bottom. What's best type of saw to cut end panel.

Also. We will be putting in a bosch double oven. Do double oven typically need the back board taken off?

How about fridges?

I am planning on buying oven later. Should I just weave wire through?

Best to have cut edge on top, and un cut edge on floor. If for whatever reason you end up with a cut edge on floor, make sure it is properly sealed to avoid moisture ingress.

Best saw to use is a rail saw. This will make the job a proper one. If you have to scribe cut, use a decent jigsaw with a good quality laminate cutting blade (Bosch do these blades). If you don't have access to a rail saw, a circular saw will do with a good quality sharp blade, with masking tape along the line you wish to cut. Make sure you have the work piece the correct way up to avoid chip outs on laminate edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back