End stop caps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove a radiator permanently. Will the plastic stop ends from screwfix do the job and would i need to drain system or push it on quick!!
Thank you.
Combi boiler

Sponsored Links
Presumably you need to cut a 15mm pipe?
Use a pipe slice but by the time you’ve done that and shoved the stop ends on, the system will have been depressurised anyway, more than likely so you’ll need to remedy that. Clean any paint or other grot from the pipe first!
The plastic stop ends are fine for this.
John :)

Thanks John, much appreciated. Stupid question but is it easy to repressurise system, is it just a case of refilling boiler to correct bar then bleeding rads to get rid of excess air?

If you can find the filling loop ( perhaps a flexible braided pipe) then repressurising the system should be easy enough.....and you shouldn’t need to bleed the rads afterwards.
The pressure will probably be around 1 bar, and there should be a pointer on the pressure gauge to indicate this.

Sponsored Links
Thanks John, so the plastic stop ends should be ok? Radiator is in the kitchen.

Come on John, is it a plastic pipe or copper? ;)

Andy
Errrr - salt glaze maybe? :mrgreen:
Thanks John, so the plastic stop ends should be ok? Radiator is in the kitchen.
The manufacturers say all will be well - so who are we to argue :sleep:
I haven't had one fail, but have had two where a mouse or other rodent chewed through them :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back