Energy efficient downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any spotlight holders for bathrooms available that can take energy efficient megaman GU10 bulbs so that the end of the bulb is flush with the ceiling .i.e. not sticking out. All the energy efficient holders ive seen are only compatible with SGU10 bulbs. I have a few megaman GU10 bulbs that i would like to reuse as they are not cheap, but they would stand proud in a normal holder, i think?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There's no such thing as energy efficient 2" downlighters - they are all abysmal, and about the least efficient form of lighting ever made.

Not really. There's plenty of other light sources that are less efficient.

AFAIK, all of the IP65 downlights have a fixed lampholder, so extended length lamps won't fit.

You could try the downlights which take PL lamps?

There may be less efficient lamps in terms of lumens/w, but I'm talking about the overall efficiency of the system, i.e. how many lights and how many watts you need to illuminate an entire room.

Sponsored Links
My electrician is fitting my PL downlights tomorrow, all being well. I will report back with how amazing they are!

(Though kwikfast did deliver the plain white trims with no glass, instead of the frosted glass ones I ordered, they will be delivering the frosted glass ones on tuesday at no extra charge, and dont even want the plain ones back! Thats customer service for you.)

PS, who the hell is MrsBanal?

FFS I assumed the reason it wasnt working was the erroneous letters on the end of it. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back