Energy efficient light bulbs

Whatever you do don't buy anything expensive. Paying for what you might assume would be quality is pointless. Philips have been failing on me left right and center both for GU10 and Bayonet types. I have been doing a lot better lately with:

Bedside lamps: LVWIT E14:

Kitchen, spots: Lepro GU10

Anywhere else: Litake B22

I go for warm light everywhere, just my personal preference.

Not one single one from any of these orders has gone, and they were pretty inexpensive at the time. Haven't cross-checked latest prices.

But I feel the best thing to do for efficiency is to replace with bulkhead wherever you can they are getting ridiculously cheap now
And they are of course efficient because it's all pointing down... if you can stand the harshness.

Sponsored Links
3. I'm not sure about using Amazon having just had an upset with them when the person who delivered an expensive item left it on the door step without even ringing the bell. Is there an alternative to them?
Amazon leave everything on the doorstep without ringing. I'm lucky if I get there in time for a quick wave as he's getting back in the van. I think once they've made a few successful deliveries somewhere new they stop caring (or they have some algorithm that figures out whether they need to care more likely). If you haven't accepted the parcel it's really their problem if it goes missing, I stopped worrying because they are so good at refunding. In fact once you realise how painless returns are in comparison to other companies you don't want to use anyone else.

"Amazon leave everything on the doorstep without ringing." In which case as a once prolific user my decision to stop is justified.

"Amazon leave everything on the doorstep without ringing." In which case as a once prolific user my decision to stop is justified.

Dumping items on the doorstep and running is now prolific amongst most delivery organisations these days.

I now get my meds delivered every 8 weeks, by a national supplier. I once asked a local supplier about deliveries, and what they said was their driver would only hand them over to me personally. The national supplier just simply dumps them on the doorstep, with a photo taken as proof of delivery.

I'm surprised more deliveries are not stolen from the doorstep.

Sponsored Links
I'm surprised more deliveries are not stolen from the doorstep.
This could be the reason the ring doorbell is so cheap. Almost an essential purchase for an Amazon customer. Got one on black friday and (although it has some issues) was £35 well spent.

I needed to return an item to one company. I tried to use their courier, thinking it'd be easier, but the item was just slightly outside their length limit... for 'normal' customers. It turns out the supplying company had negotiated a slightly different deal so the courier would carry the shipped item, but only one way. I contacted the company and asked if I could return the item using their own courier account but reimburse them, they said 'no'. Needed to use parcel force and I think it cost about £40 in the end. An expensive lesson for me. Returns policies do matter to me, but if you never/rarely return anything fair enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back