Engineer call out is no help :x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can give any suitable answers to my queries about my heating system/ boiler.

Had an engineer out today and couldn't give me any advice or knowledge on how to overcome the issues I am having, only stuck around for 10- 15 minutes :!:

The first thing is last week noticed a creaking sound coming from the copper pipes in the heating system. I had a look in the areas accessible but could not find where the noise is coming from; so put pipe lagging on the pipes that I deemed were too close to woodwork and possibly eachother; seemed to help a little but don't know what to do now.

Another issue is that I have noticed that a pipe I can't locate is making a vibrating/humming sound; I assumed this was down to air in the system so bled the system; sound is still there but not as loud. I would assume that there is too much pressure for the pipe but the engineer couldn't advise me.

Another issue is that I have a Ferroli domi compact f24 boiler and have noticed that even when the heating is on or off it seems like it has to start up even if it lasts just a few seconds. Would like to know whether this is normal with a combi boiler?

Would appreciate any help, at my wit's end if it carries on :confused:

Sponsored Links
1) pipes expending or contracting

2) trv on radiator could be the culprit. Set all to max and see if noise goes away

3) preheat facility. Keeps water hot and ready when you run the tap. Look at your boiler manual and see if your boiler has this facility

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back