English language question (again, sorry)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Struggling to find the correct word for this sentence:

Nature's waking up. What about you?

or

Nature's waking up. How about you?

Comments and 'rule of thumb' more than welcome

Sponsored Links
WoodYouLike said:

or

I would say: Nature's waking up. Are you?

I don't think the two are compatible. Nature is waking from a long, cold winter. You are waking after a short nap.

joe

Cheers Gary!

I'll now make it: Nature's waking up! Are you waking up to Nature?
(have to see if it fits in the ad space though ;))

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
I don't think the two are compatible. Nature is waking from
a long, cold winter. You are waking after a short nap.
Sorry Joe, you'll have to read as figurative speech, not as an 'natural' occurrence

WoodYouLike said:
joe-90 said:
I don't think the two are compatible. Nature is waking from
a long, cold winter. You are waking after a short nap.
Sorry Joe, you'll have to read as figurative speech, not as an 'natural' occurrence

What's 'natural'?

joe

WoodYouLike said:

or

Actually that's two sentences.

keyplayer said:
Actually that's two sentences.
cheeky-smiley-022.gif
cheeky-smiley-022.gif
cheeky-smiley-022.gif
cheeky-smiley-022.gif

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

WoodYouLike said:
Cheers Gary!

I'll now make it: Nature's waking up! Are you waking up to Nature?
(have to see if it fits in the ad space though ;))

If it's a 'Lonely Hearts' ad, I'd stick to the traditional - tall, handsome, well educated gent,........... etc :D

Gary_M said:
[
If it's a 'Lonely Hearts' ad, I'd stick to the traditional - tall, handsome, well educated gent,........... etc :D
Oh you 'wood', 'wood' you ? :LOL:

WoodYouLike said:
Gary_M said:
[
Oh you 'wood', 'wood' you ? :LOL:

LMAO @ Gary but if it is for a lonely hearts then don't forget to add, of wealth, sound mind and has one foot in the grave to fall madly passionately in love with..... ;) :LOL: :LOL: :evil:

Brightness said:
LMAO @ Gary but if it is for a lonely hearts then don't forget to add, of wealth, sound mind and has one foot in the grave to fall madly passionately in love with..... ;) :LOL: :LOL: :evil:

:eek: :eek: :eek: You females are such a scheming and devious species :rolleyes: ;)

You'd better believe it mate ;) I had a guy fall madly in love with me in Tesco yesterday - or at least that's what he said :LOL:

He was about 6ft plus and I couldn't reach something so I asked him if he would possibly mind. He saw this chocolate in my trolley (2 big bars for £2.20) that I was getting the kids to go with their Easter eggs and asked me where it was. I pointed and said he could have mine if he wanted and I would get some more - he then declared undying love for me :LOL:

Some blokes would do anything for chocolate :LOL: :rolleyes: :LOL:

Brightness said:
................I pointed and said he could have mine if he wanted and I would get some more..........

Hmmm, sounds like you were definitely leading him on - you must have spotted the big bulge in his breeks as he was reaching for the item you wanted from the high shelf - (big bulge referring to WALLET of course) :) :oops: ;)

Gary_M said:
If it's a 'Lonely Hearts' ad, I'd stick to the traditional - tall or handsome or well or educated or gent

Sponsored Links
Back