Ensuite in front bedroom + New connection to public sewer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a new ensuite in the front bedroom of my Victorian semi. I'd like the soil pipe to be external because it's much easier to do than internal and I don't want any of the plaster mouldings on the ceiling below to be destroyed or big holes in the floorboards. I can't use the side elevation (gable end) as it has EWI on.

Relevant Permitted Development info:

Questions:

1. Will I definitely need planning consent and has anyone been successful with a soil pipe on a front elevation?
2. Does "flue" in Class G PD info include a vent for a cooker hood?
3. Nearest public sewer is only about eight feet from corner of my house and serves the two semis next to mine. I'm friendly with the people next door but would an approved contractor for Severn Trent be able to make a new connection to this sewer for me even if they don't give their consent?
4. How do I create the drop down from rest bend to the sewer? I assume from past experience with BC that connection to sewer would have to be horizontal.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back