Ensuite Layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to design a new en-suite and have a mental block, so would like some fresh pairs of eyes to have a look at the situation.

The existing en-suite is 1.6m front to back and 1.7m side to side.

Along the front 1.7m wall is a window covering most of that wall.

The door into the en-suite opens inwards and is situated on the r/h/s of one of the 1.6m walls.

This door wall and the wall opposite the front window wall are stud walls.

Along the other side of the stud wall opposite the window wall will be a run of wardrobes.

The room it is within is 5.7m front to back and 3.1m side to side.

Next to the en-suite on the front wall is another window. There is 200mm between the existing wall and the window sill.

I would like to make the dimension front to back less and the side to side dimension bigger.

The reasons for this are two-fold: first, to make the bedroom area a little wider and second, to make the wardrobe wall longer.

I have a WC, a 900mm quad tray and a wash hand basin and pedestal to fit in the room.
Also to be fitted is a towel rad in place of the existing ordinary rad. This is too tall to fit under the window.

The stud wall opposite the window wall has been demolished, as (not) seen in the pictures.

The other stud wall obviously will have to go. We are open (excuse the pun) to the arrangement regarding the door (could it be a pocket door, for example, to save space?)

Layout.
upload_2020-8-26_1-25-38.png

Front bedroom window adjacent to en-suite.
upload_2020-8-26_1-26-53.png

View through existing door.
upload_2020-8-26_1-28-5.png

View through from bedroom (where proposed wardrobes will go).
upload_2020-8-26_1-29-56.png

Sponsored Links
Yes, the curtain is HIDEOUS and Yes, there was a double socket in the shower cubicle ( :eek::eek::eek::eek: ) behind the tiles! You couldn't make it up: the lazy Farquars couldn't even be bothered to remove it.

20 odd years we have showered in there, millimetres away from a potential shock!

All plumbing goes straight through the floor to the garage below, so everything can easily be re-sited, even the soil pipe.

Any and all comments welcomed!

Thank you.

The existing en-suite is 1.6m front to back and 1.7m side to side??

That's bigger than the room I rent and mostly live in, in this HMO.. 2.4m x 2.6m...

Sponsored Links
I created my on-suite across the end of my bedroom ,1.6 m x width of room 3.2m.
Shower left corner behind partition wall .
Sink and loo to right hand corner behind larger partition wall which overlaps shower wall by 100mm but with 500mm opening for doorway ( no door).

That sounds great!

Unfortunately in my situation, the door from the main house is opposite the en-suite, so I can't make it full width.

But I can bring it out around 150mm, which will make a bit of difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back