Enterview 4 - power supply issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Enterview 4 that I'm powering from a Elmdene PSU with battery backup - the output is around 12v, but the monitor doesn't work (I only get a blue screen, which I believe is due to a power issue)

I can put the original Enterview PSU back in to service, but then it won't have a battery backup, is there a way around this?

Additionally, I'm trying to have an output from the unit to open an electric gate - is this possible?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try the psu first , normally a blue screen is a sign of no video input , check the camera.

I've checked the connections and doubled up the power connections, I've also reinstated the original power supply and I still get a blue screen, can I check that there should only be one PSU and that there's only 4 connections plus the power at the monitor station inside?

Ok, I've re wired it again, and now the speaker inside is screeching, I'm beginning to think it's broken, which is a pity as it's around£250!

Sponsored Links
It was working before I moved it, it was on really thick outdoor style alarm cable. I've rewired it internally on a short piece of CAT6 and it's squealing and making a right row!

Current capacity of thin cable, it may be screeching if too close handset/ entrance station feedback

Thanks sparkymarka, I've managed to fix it - two broken cores, either faulty/damaged cable or burnt out?

My next problem is trying to get the intercom to open the gates, I've connected a piece of wire to the OPEN terminals on the gate, briefly shorted it out and the gates open, however, when I wire these to the NO and COM connections on the intercom it causes the gates to open, then jam in the open position, any ideas?

Here's some pics of the connections:

The gates:

photo1_zps60c949b6.jpg

photo2_zps9bb7bbc3.jpg

The intercom:

photo3_zps872bf96e.jpg

[/img]

Check for voltage at lock release terminals on door station it may not be a voltage free contact

I've checked and I have 0.03v normally, and 0v when the code is entered, I also get continuity when the code is entered for approx 2 seconds - it's driving me mad! There must be a way to get it work :(

On dc range between com and nc. And between com and no.... I can't see from picture what you have in the terminals !

Do the gates work ? Or are you trying to get them to work with this unit ? Just that a lot of gates the stop input is normally closed input , so you have to link it out ! This may not be the case with your gate.

Just a quick update, I've installed the relay, and corrected the wiring issue with the thanks to a new power supply from ESP, and all is good!

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back